[kde-solaris] Building from 3.5.7

Daniel Rawson daniel.rawson at asml.com
Wed Jul 18 12:47:52 CEST 2007

I'm attempting to build from the modified 3.5.7 source code that was provided by Michael Lindig (thanks!!!), but I'm having problems with the dependency on libart_lgpl_2.

I'm running Solaris 10 (01/06) and using gcc 3.4.3 as the compiler.  I re-built QT 3.3.8 and it is installed locally.

When I build kdelibs, it complains about /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so with a "Wrong ELFCLASS" message.  I re-built libart_lgpl_2 (version 2.3.19) from source; when I use the updated library, I get "Undefined symbol" errors on just three of the "art_*" symbols:

art_free(void*)                     ./.libs/libkdecore.so
art_alloc(unsigned long)            ./.libs/libkdecore.so
art_realloc(void*, unsigned long)   ./.libs/libkdecore.so

Any hints will be appreciated!!

Thanks . . . .

Dan

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential
and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any