[kde-solaris] libstdcxx hangs

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Aug 29 14:38:22 CEST 2007

I've got something weird going on which I haven't figured out: programs using
libstdcxx (and std::cout in particular) hang. If _REENTRANT is defined,

#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        std::cout << "Hello! " << argc << std::endl;
        return 0;
}

This hangs after the endl; if _REENTRANT is not defined,

__rw::__rw_synchronized::_C_mutex t.o
[Hint: static member __rw::__rw_synchronized::_C_mutex must be defined in the
program]

however, defining that symbol in the program causes SEGVs.

Does anyone have a libstdcxx that works? I must admit I was lax in following
all of Stefan's instructions, so it might be me.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot