[kde-solaris] Status of kdelibs

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 01:25:06 CEST 2007

kdelibs compiles to 85% completion right now. It fails as described earlier
but the compiler team (who never sleep and only get two days off a year, it
seems) assures me this is already fixed. We'll just need to wait for a newer
version of the compiler.

Most of the fixes I have done are in KDE SVN. Some are not. Some of the fixes
are Cstd vs. stlport related, and I certainly don't feel comfortable
committing any more until that issue is resolved. So. Get KDE SVN trunk.

Patch explanations:

1) Workaround sizeof() in templates; fixed in upcoming compiler release.
2) Workaround missing parts of STL.
3) There's a hack to take cacheGlobalObject out of the KJS namespace, while
Studio demands that it be in there. Hack the hack.
4) Applying & to return value of a function; seems dodgy. Error in studio,
goes unnoticed in gcc. Correctness of this patch unknown.
5) Ambiguity in operators reduced.
6) I suspect Studio is being stupid here, but there must be some deep reason
why the ?: picks up the wrong types and if() gets the right ones.

After these bits, there is one optional patch:

7) Make automoc run one job only, not 10 -- may be needed to prevent timeouts.

and one bit of weird-ass shit:

8) A bug in qdbus-something-or-other means that gcc-isms have been introduced
into kioslave/http/kcookiejar/ . This patch removes the gcc-ism and
introduces a different ugly hack. However, the DBUS code which is generated
needs to have #include "qdeclareqlistint_hack.h" added at the top as well,
which I can't do with a patch -- add that line and re-run make.

With these 8 patches, you should be able to get through kdelibs to about 85%
before hitting the weird mangled asserts. There's not much to do after that;
I need to sort through the remaining error messages. There only seem to be 3
left.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot