[kde-solaris] Most immediate KDE dependencies are done

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 16:48:10 CEST 2007

I'm done with the following KDE4 dependencies:

Qt 4.3.0 (actually qt-copy)
cmake 2.4.7
clucene 0.9.19
kdesupport (containing qca, eigen, taglib and strigi)

I've got a good handle on the kind of template issues that crop up now, it's
mostly consts. Another word of thanks to Stefan for the taglib stuff; that's
some weird stuff there which I'm inclined to take up with the SS team.

You can fetch packages containing these bits and pieces; they are compiled on
SXDE snv_64. They are for installation in /opt. You can get them from
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/coverage/ (just a URL within the EBN
that doesn't do anything if you access it directly). The packages are named

Qt-4.3.tgz (235MB)
0-support-cmake.tgz (6MB)
1-support-clucene.tgz (11MB)
2-support-kdesupport.tgz (2MB)

The lifetime of the tarballs is unknown; I may remove them this weekend. Each
unpacks in . NOT into a subdirectory of its own. Beware! The suggested course
of action is:

cd /opt
mkdir Qt4.3
mkdir support
( cd Qt4.3 && /usr/sfw/bin/gtar xzf /path/to/Qt-4.3.tgz )
( cd support && /usr/sfw/bin/gtar xzf /path/to/0-support-cmake.tgz )
... for the other two parts of support.

Qt is a debug build and will require 1.5GB of space when unpacked. The others
are just ordinary builds, unstripped. I have no idea if distributing compiled
binaries this way works at all. Except for cmake, uic, moc none of the
applications have actually been run to see if they work -- this applies in
particular to Strigi.

Heiko, is that enough progress for you?

The next step is a GIF library; kdelibs wants libungif. I could build and
package that like I already have done, but if there are already packages
elsewhere I would prefer to use those. Hints?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot