[kde-solaris] Having problems setting up kde

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at eos.ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 10 15:09:59 CEST 2007

You're absolutely correct. Please accept my apology. No need to worry
about answering the stuff about kde. I was just trying to figure out if it
was something we could use.

Again, sorry about being a jerk.

Cheers,

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> Here's one tidbit of a lesson you might want to learn next time you
> ask questions on a public mailing list:
>
> 1. The vast majority of people who are willing to help you and answer
> your questions do so on their free time, for no pay, and only because
> they want to. Not because there is any obligation whatsoever for me,
> or anyone else, to help you muddle your way through reading a man
> page. Or teaching you what dtlogin is.
>
> 2. Getting all hissy with someone who tried to help you will promptly
> result in you getting no help at all.
>
> --Stefan
>
> -----
>
> On Monday 09 April 2007 17:12, Gary Gatling wrote:
>> Sorry. I guess I am too stupid to use kde on solaris. I can't make
>> sense of the man pages you refered me to. They don't mention
>> anything about how to configuyre another session type. And I see it
>> doesn't work like it does on Red Hat Linux, I don't see a
>> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ dir for example.
>>
>> I tried running gdmsetup, but it only had setting for visual type
>> things. What kind of greeter do you want, etc.
>>
>> I don't even know what the hell dtlogin is.
>>
>> Thanks anyways...
>

> --
> Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
> KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
> stefan.teleman at gmail.com

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin at eos.ncsu.edu
27695-7901        | Phone: (919) 513-4572 (5B Page Hall)