[kde-solaris] KDE Solaris: status update

Sergio Serge.Coche at free.fr
Tue Nov 14 19:40:25 CET 2006

Darin Perusich a écrit :

>have you submitted a bug report to the fltk blastwave maintainer about
>this? you can do so at http://www.blastwave.org/mantis. being a
>blastwave maintainer and user i can't stress the point of submitting bug
>reports when there are issues with the packages :)

Effectively, something is probably wrong in the CSWfltk package (august
2006) : building Aqsis with gcc (with sunstudio i can build a good part,
but not all), i got cc-related optimization parameters in the Makefiles
(strange...) and, after corrections, Aqsis was builded but crashed at
the use. I needed an entire month to understand that the issue came from
CSWfltk : i tried with SFWfltk, and allright.

I doesn't complained about that to the maintener, and for three reasons :

1) With CSWfltk, no problem, and i suppose that all people witch have
encourred the same issue will also take a look in the Companion CD ;

2) In the particular case of Aqsis, if someone has the problem, it will
normally (like I) ask the Aqsis forum, and i'll see that and answer (i
look frequently at this site). Also, we are actually not a lot of people
working on 3D projects under Solaris (unfortunately, and i hope that
will change...) ;

3) I suppose that the next CSWfltk package will be good and that was
only a temporary issue. Also, i asked several mainteners about others
questions, and all Solaris mainteners can't work only for me :-D . And
last : i'm not sure that the CSWfltk package was entirely wrong : i saw
only an incompatibility with an Aqsis version. Maybe a part of the
problem was also Aqsis-related ? The team helped me a lot, but i found
the cause of the issue myself (fltk) ; using successfully SFWfltk, i
don't needed to compile fltk from source.

Cheers,

Sergio