[kde-solaris] KDE343 start and shutdown times longer on solaris ?

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Sat May 20 21:39:07 CEST 2006

   I have an  Dualcore Atlhlon64  4800+   PC  with the VIA K8T Neo2 FIR
motherboard.
   On it I have installed FreeBSD  6.1  and Solaris  10 u1 x86 on two
separate PATA  disks.

    The SUn Studio 10 compiled  KDE343  has a much longer start and
shutdown time on Solaris 10  ( 5+  seconds )
  than  the KDE 3.5.2  on FreeBSD .  This is the same hardware so any
differences are in the software.

This should really be a Dtrace   exersice but I havent learned enough
Dscript yet.

    There is a job that needs doing here if  you feel up to it.

    //Lars