[kde-solaris] Konsole broken ?

Ludwig, Shane sludwig at xo.com
Wed Feb 15 16:50:55 CET 2006

Hello guys,

I am using the latest build (3.4.3) from the sunfreeware mirror, including the
patches that were available as of Friday.  This is an Ultra 20, running the
latest release of Solaris 10 x86 (01/06).

Most things seem to work fine.  However, I can not get konsole to recognize the
"-ls" switch.

I have tried running both "konsole -ls" (which used to work on my old Ultra 10
running Sol10 and KDE 3.4.1) and "konsole --ls" (which the command help says
to use), both with the same results: neither the /etc/profile, nor the user's
.profile is read.

My shell is /usr/bin/ksh.

I have tried this both as root and as another user, with the same results.  I
am able to source the profiles directly (. /etc/profile and .  ./.profile) once
a shell is open and it works fine.

However, the command line option is ignored.  I tried running all three
variants (konsole, konsole -ls and konsole --ls) with truss and the output from
all three was the same (aside from PIDs and memory addresses).  It never even
tries to look at the /etc/profile or .profile

dtterm -ls works fine and reads the /etc/profile and user .profile files.

Just to see if konsole were recognizing any command-line switches:

[silver](/export/home/tlma)$ konsole -v
Qt: 3.3.4
KDE: 3.4.3-1.1.9 SunOS 5.10 IA32/AMD32 [PIV] 32-bit
Konsole: 1.5.2
[silver](/export/home/tlma)$ konsole --version
Qt: 3.3.4
KDE: 3.4.3-1.1.9 SunOS 5.10 IA32/AMD32 [PIV] 32-bit
Konsole: 1.5.2

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Shane