[kde-solaris] Installation questions

Adrian Murillo MURILLA1 at WESTAT.com
Wed Feb 15 02:36:16 CET 2006

OK, thanks!!
I still have this problem I cant make the dtlogin to appear:

I wrote:

I installed it ona Blade 100 running Sol 3/05.
But I have a question, I just installed all the packages without a
problem, they all installed OK (expect for one small error that gave me
a partial fail error on cups - under KDEkderequired package - even
though I downloaded the same package 3 times, I don't think is that
critical...) - and follow the DTLOGIN installation step by step and I
cant see the option to login to KDE, no matter what I do I cant seem to
get it right, can you helped me?
Like I said, everything is installed; I need the way to get in...

As a note:
Under the directions to install DTLOGIN it reads that:
mkdtlogin does not create the necessary directory tree, so I found the
directory tree under /usr/dt/config/C and copied them to .../en_US.UTF-8
where the only directory in there was Xresources.d

I am not sure what to do with the startup files under
/opt/kde-3.4.3/bin.

I think I am stock at this point, any suggestions?

Sorry, I not a guru on Solaris I am learning and I like KDE for desktop
so please be patient.. ;-/

Thanks,

Adrian