[kde-solaris] dcopserver statup problem and /tmp/.ICE-unix

Avi Schwartz kde-solaris at cfftechnologies.com
Sun Feb 12 00:53:06 CET 2006

Hi,

You probably all know about the problem of having the wrong permission
on /tmp/.ICE-unix which causes dcopserver to not start up. My problem is
that every time I log in as root (which is still running the Sun default
JDS, i.e. Gnome) the directory is recreated with root permission and
therefore causing me grief next time I try to log in as a regular user.
How did you solve the problem (besides not logging in as root)?

Avi

--
Avi Schwartz
http://public.xdi.org/=avi.schwartz