[kde-solaris] gar mk error

Karsten Künne kuenne at rentec.com
Tue Dec 5 17:04:53 CET 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 09:26, tony robinson wrote:
> Hello. I'm attemping to build kde 3.5.5 on solaris ten, using konstruct.
> I'm able to untar everything and have pick up the packages it needs on its
> own. I then proceed to cd into meta/kde and perform the make install. and I
> recieve the following error:
>
> make: Fatal error in reader: ../../gar.mk, line 21: Badly formed macro
> assignment
>
> any idea what could cause this?

Sounds like you're using Sun's make. That's not gonna work, you have to use
GNU make with konstruct. Make sure that GNU make comes first in your PATH and
you should probably also use bash instead of /bin/sh because there are
sometimes configure scripts in KDE which aren't pure Bourne shell but contain
bash instructions.

Karsten.
--
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.  This
means that only left handed people are in their right mind.