[kde-solaris] Sound server

Sergio Serge.Coche at free.fr
Tue Oct 18 00:45:22 CEST 2005

Mr. Guislain a écrit :

>Hi!
>
>Installed KDE 3.1 on Solaris 10.
>
>When I start KDE a window comes up saying:
>
>Device /dev/audio can't be opened (No such file or directory)
>
>Why?
>
>What is wrong?

Mmh... No good...

Seems not a kde related problem : for be sure, first verify that you
have or not a /dev/audio character device, normally a link to
/devices/pci at 0,0/pci4005,4005 at 1f,5:sound,audio or similar.

If not, the entire machine has no sound, except if you have installed OSS.

Try to recreate the link, but /devices/pci.....:sound,audio itself is
only generated by the installation of the OS...

Good luck

Sergio