[kde-solaris] DCOP missing symbols

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 13 02:01:09 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 13:40, Sergio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Compiling kdelibs-3.4.2 on my Sol 10x86, i get following fail linking
> libkdeinit_dcopserver.so :
>
> /bin/bash ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link CC
> -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT
> -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION   -lc -lCrun -o libkdeinit_dcopserver.la -rpath
> /usr/local/kde/lib -no-undefined -avoid-version -L/usr/local/kde/lib
> -L/usr/local/qt/lib    -mt dcopserver.lo dcopsignals.lo libDCOP.la
> Symbole                 première référence
>  non défini                         dans le fichier
> KDE_IceSetHostBasedAuthProc         .libs/dcopserver.o

[ snip to save space ]

Hi.

Yes, this is the same problem as explained in a very recent thread about
creating shared libraries from archive (*.a) libraries, combined with the
wrong flags in libtool:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-solaris&m=112813137601903&w=2

The thread in question is from about two weeks ago, on this forum. There's a
detailed explanation on how to fix this. In your case, libDCOP.so.4.2.0
linked against kdelibs-3.4.2/dcop/KDE-ICE/.libs/libkICE.a, but this one being
an archive, its symbols did not get extracted into libDCOP.so because of the
wrong flags in libtool.