[kde-solaris] reg KDE on solaris 9

Praveen praveen at scluk.com
Tue Oct 11 18:16:26 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to install KDE on solaris 9. I used the installation method
described on solaris.kde.org.

pkg-get  -I kde_gcc

command was used. Finally I got the message that kde_gcc Is installed. but
when I try to change the session at login manager to KDE and try to login.
then I am not getting the login screen and coming back to original login
manager. Please send me a solution or pointers to articles inorder to make
it running.

As I am novice to this field. please explain about the installation
directory that it might have got installed to and further details.

Bye

Praveen