[kde-solaris] Blastwave KDE 3.4.1 (stable) debug verbosity

Roman Maeder maeder at mathconsult.ch
Wed Nov 30 15:15:42 CET 2005

Over this weekend, I installed KDE 3.4.1 (stable) from Blastwave, together
with gobs of dependencies, on an SB1000, Solaris 8. Overall it works fine
but I noticed that all apps generate tons of debug output, even for mouse
clicks and the like. I am redirecting the output from xinit to a tmp file
which grows to several megabytes. For apps started from a shell, the output
ends up in this shell. Is there a way to turn this off?

Roman Mäder