[kde-solaris] Fw: qt on solaris

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Wed Nov 23 19:26:21 CET 2005

李先波 wrote:

>I make a mistake here :/opt/csw/gcc3/bin,which include gcc cc,now i delete this  path and in
>compiling .:)
>
>thanks to all  :)
>

>>I am using SunStudio compiler.
>>this is my profile setting :
>>
>>PATH=$PATH:/opt/csw/bin:/opt/csw/kde-gcc/bin:/opt/csw/kde-gcc/include:/opt/csw/kde-gcc/lib:/opt/csw/gcc3/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/ucb/:/export/home/MySunstdio11/SUNWspro/bin;
>>export PATH
>>cc=/export/home/MySunstdio11/SUNWspro/bin/cc;export cc

You made  a mistake  here as well !
It is supposed to be:

CC=/export/home/MySunstdio11/SUNWspro/bin/cc;export CC

CC  in CAPITALS.

That is why  configure finds /opt/csw/gcc3/bin/gcc   instead of
/export/home/MySunstdio11/SUNWspro/bin/cc

>>CXX=/export/home/MySunstdio11/SUNWspro/bin/cc;export CXX
>>QTDIR=/opt/csw/qt3.4.4/qt-x11-free-3.3.4
>>PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
>>MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
>>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>

>>I don't set LDFlags ,CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS,In fact I don't know how to set.:(
>>I konw CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS is c and c++ compile option,
>>maybe this is the cause of  mistake?
>>my machine is x86(DELL GX280).please give a usable setting of CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.
>>w hat LDFLAGS stand for?

LDFLAGS is    Link eDitor  FLAGS   that  gives parameters to ld(1)

   read the  ld(1)   manual

# man ld

in  Solaris   the default  Library path is configured with  crle(1)

$ crle

Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
  Default Library Path (ELF):   /lib:/usr/lib
  Trusted Directories (ELF):    /lib/secure:/usr/lib/secure  (system
default)

When you need to link in libraries  not in you default library path
it is nessesary to tell ld(1)   where these libraries are.  hence:

LDFLAGS=" -L/usr/lib -L/usr/sfw/llib -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/dt/lib"

(man ld )

 -L path

         Adds path to the library search directories. ld searches
         for  libraries first in any directories specified by the
         -L options and then in the  standard  directories.  This
         option  is  useful  only  if  the option precedes the -l
         options to which the -L option applies. The  environment
         variable  LD_LIBRARY_PATH  can be used to supplement the
         library search path. See LD_LIBRARY_PATH under  ENVIRON-
         MENT VARIABLES.