[kde-solaris] qt on solaris

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 23 06:49:35 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 22:57, 李先波 wrote:
> Hi , I find this by type ./configure --help, after I ./configure -thread
> -debug , I type gmake,the wrong appeared as follow : cc -c -O -KPIC...
> cc: unrecognized option ' -KPIC'
> cc1:error invalid option 't'
>
> What KPIC stand for? How can I continue my work?

Hi.

it looks like you are using gcc but are using CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS for SunStudio.

this won't work. :-)

-KPIC is a SunStudio compiler flag and it tells the compiler to generate
Position Independent Code.

the equivalent for gcc is -fPIC -DPIC

the 't' invalid options comes from passing -mt to gcc/g++. -mt is also a
SunStudio compiler flag, and it tells the compiler to use thread-safe API's
and interfaces. it is usually used in conjunction with -D_REENTRANT. you can
pass -D_REENTRANT to gcc, but gcc will not like '-mt' at all.

i would recommend you check your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS, and make
sure they are appropriate for gcc/g++. otherwise you will run into endless
grief. the compiler flags for gcc/g++ and SunStudio10 are incompatible (with
the exception of basic -I and -L).

:-)