[kde-solaris] qt on solaris

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 22 07:27:12 CET 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 09:43, Sergio wrote:
> truename a écrit :
> > I have looked up much documents. This wrong means I
> > don't install solaris cc compiler,but solaris cc compiler is not free
> > software,
> > how can I do? can i use gcc to replace cc,but how can i do it?
>
> 1) Sunstudio10 (with cc, CC, f90) is free at Opensolaris
> <http://opensolaris.org/os/> ;
>
> 2) The only version of Qt with modified files for solaris cc ("Stefan's
> packages") is the 3.4.1, if I'm not wrong : it means that for 3.4.3,
> 3.4.4, etc. the best way is gcc. For this you need only to have it at
> the first place in your path and to launch directly ./configure.

you can use qt-3.3.4 to build kde-3.4.x. qt-3.3.5 is a bug fix release over
3.3.4, but it still needs some (fewer than 3.3.4) patches for Sun Studio
10/11.

Sun Studio 11 is free for everyone, on both Solaris SPARC and X86.  i believe
there's also a Sun Studio 11 for Linux, also free (i haven't installed it
yet). it's a very nice compiler (very strict). Lars' instructions for
installation requirements are very correct and useful.