[kde-solaris] Installation Issues - Solaris 8

matthew.brooke at bt.com matthew.brooke at bt.com
Wed Mar 30 16:39:01 CEST 2005

I'm attempting to install KDE onto a Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris 8. To
say I've had difficulty is an understatement.

I've eventually used "pkgadd -d ." On the Companion CD that Solaris 8
came with and installed KDE that way however I'm a little stumped as to
how I login using it and make it my default login manager.

Would also like to make use of some of the KDE utilities but I'll start
small first of all and try to get it running first.
Many thanks,

Matt Brooke - Solaris Noob

BTexact Technologies - Datatools Project
Ragtime Student Representative