[kde-solaris] No menu items under kde 3.4.0

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 00:58:54 CEST 2005

XDG variables must be set before starting "startkde".
You can't just set them in a shell inside of KDE and
expect kcontrol to work. I hope you were not doing
that.

All I can say is that there is no bug here. if copying
contents from /etc to /usr/local/kde/etc fixed it,
then XDG vars should fix it as well. KDE does
understand XDG vars.

--- "Albertson, Brett" <brett.albertson at stratech.com>