[kde-solaris] KDE 3.4.1 for Solaris 10 x86/SPARC preannouncement
steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 5 02:13:01 CEST 2005
i have started packaging the full KDE 3.4.1 for Solaris 10
x86/UltraSPARC today. this will take me a couple of days to finish
(there are 46 packages in total).
i will post the announcement here when the packages are ready for
download and sync'ed.
- both releases, including their required dependencies are built with
- the x86 release is built for pentium IV, although i am building on
an Opteron box. it should run just fine on a Pentium IV, but i have
not been able to test it on Pentium IV hardware.
- this initial x86 release is linked against Mesa/OpenGL for Solaris
nVidia cards. therefore, QT, kdelibs, kdebase and kdegraphics will
most likely not work on non-nVidia hardware (there are transitive
dependencies on the nVidia OpenGL renderer). after i am finished
uploading this release, i will upload update packages for QT,
kdelibs, kdebase and kdegraphics linked against non-nVidia
(Mesa/non-hardware accelerated Xorg) OpenGL.
- true Xrender/Xft/Freetype/Fontconfig support on UltraSPARC
- many extra goodies
- many other improvements :-)
Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
steleman at nyc.rr.com -Monty Python
More information about the kde-solaris