[kde-solaris] GNU Makefiles should only use Bourne Shell Syntax - Not Bash.

Rolf Sponsel Rolf.Sponsel at kstr.lth.se
Mon Jan 31 19:49:51 CET 2005

Mats Rojestal, 2005-01-31 19:16 GMT +01:00, wrote:

> If you are trying to convince Linux people to write Bourne shell
> compliant scripts i wish you good luck!
>
> --Mats R

No, I'm not.

I'm just trying to sort out a common misconception
about the GNU Tools in order to avoid distinguished
people, like the KDE Solaris maintainer, to spread
fud in this area.

And now that you are aware of this too, as a good
GNU citizen, you'll be on the train too - right!? :-)

I'd be surprised if the KDE developers do not have
higher goals than some big companies when it comes
to adhere to standards!?

--
----
------