[kde-solaris] ld error in compiling kdevelop on Solaris

rain cip raincip at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 05:16:13 CET 2005

(This is a repost)

Hi,

Has anyone successfully compiled kdevelop 3.1.2 on
Solaris yet?  I've tried it many hours without much
success.  Hope you kde gurus on this board can help
me solve a weird compiling issue.

My relative configuration is:

Solaris 9/SPARC with ALL the patches
kde_gcc 3.3.1 from blastwave.org
gcc 3.4.2 from blastwave.org
libtool 1.5.2 from blastwave.org

The gcc from blastwave.org is configured with:
--with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
--with-ld-/usr/ccs/bin/ld

That configuration is apparently hard-wired into
the gcc package.

Below is the error I got when attempting to compile
kdevelop 3.1.2 on my box:

gmake[4]: Enteringing directory '/usr/kdeusr/
kdevelop-3.1.2/languages/cpp'
/bin/bash ../../libtool (omitted till next line)
../../lib/cppparser/libkdevcppparser.la
*** Warning: Linking the shared library
libkdevcppsupport.la against the
*** static library ../../bdb/build_unix/libdb.a
is not portable!
Text relocation remains          referenced
   against symbol       offset   in files
<unknown>               0x38
../../bdb/build_unix/libdb.a(db_pr.o)
(similar lines repeated hundres of times)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocable but
non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[4]: *** [libkdevcppsupport.la] Error 1

I checked bdb/build_unix and found the libdb.a but
not shared library version.  How could this happen?
The config.log says my gcc supports shared library.
Any idea on how to fix this problem will be
appreciated.

rain