[kde-solaris] KDE 3.4.3 and PAM

lars.tunkrans@bredband.net lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Mon Dec 26 10:59:48 CET 2005

   Hi,

  I installed KDE 3.4.3  on my Ferrari 3400 laptop
  running  nevada  B27a  yesterday.
  Havent played with it to much yet . It works though
  and Xplanet  works as well. :-)

  In the new year  I will implement a site where authentication
  will be done  to a backend LDAP respository. It is possible
  that KDE will be part of the installation.

  I noticed that the supplied /etc/pam.conf  diff file is somewhat
  different  in its structure  compared with the vanilla
  Solaris 10  pam.conf.

  If  Stefan could write a few paragraphs about why
  the trailing pam moudules  in each  section  is
  "optional"  and  where  in the pam stack one should
  try to place  pam_ldap.so.1  I'd be grateful.

  With the Solaris 10, the PAM stack usually ends with :

  login   auth required pam_unix_auth.so.1

  and to use with ldap  its changed to :

 login    auth binding  pam_unix_auth.so.1 server_policy
 login    auth required pam_ldap.so.1

  Regards
  //Lars