[kde-solaris] kde-3.5-alpha1 & solaris: kbuildsycoca crashes? (long)

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Aug 24 01:37:16 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 14:40, Daniel Franke wrote:
> The krash manager pops up at least three
> times, if I try to get a backtrace, the crash manager itself crahes ...
> err?
>
> Running kbuildsycoca in gdb reveals nothing of significance but the
> exit code: "Program exited with code 0375."
>
> Anyone seen something like this before?

nope have not seen this.

given that this is an alpha release, it is very possible that it's just
unstable at the moment.

have you tried to attach gdb to the process that crashes and try getting the
backtrace that way ?

i don't think i can be of more help because you seem to be using the polling
method for KDirWatch (and i use FAM), so there are already too many
differences for me to guess something remotely useful ...