[kde-solaris] X resources with KDE?

Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre bda at aime-toulouse.fr
Thu Apr 21 18:01:27 CEST 2005

I don't know if it can help but in KDE ressources are set by files in
directory  $KDEDIR/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults/

They are read in alphabetical order, it's why you have such AAAAA files.

Le Jeudi 21 Avril 2005 16:56, Daniel Rawson a écrit :
> Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 21. April 2005 13:37 schrieb Daniel Rawson:
> >
> >>Correct . . . however, that changes the behaviour for ALL windows; what
I'd
> >>like to do (and what you can do with X resources) is to change the
> >>behaviour for a SPECIFIC app.
> >>

> >>In this case, I'm running a whole bunch of copies of perfmeter for all our
> >>servers and shared workstations on one of my desktops.  I'd like to remove
> >>the minimize and maximize buttons, and use a different title font for JUST
> >>those perfmeter windows.
> >

> > For KDE apps you should have a look at command line parameters:
> > kcalc --help-kde
> > kcalc --help-qt
> >
> > Greetings,
> > eva
> >

> Thanks . . . unfortunately, most of the time I want to do this to a "legacy"
Solaris app like perfmeter.

> Note that you still don't get the level of control afforded by the
"clientDecoration" resource under mwm/fvwm . . . :-(

--
Philippe BOURDEU d'AGUERRE