[kde-solaris] Openssl undefined variables in kde 3.3.0

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 04:04:33 CEST 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 22:02, Sunil wrote:
> precisely!! but this should happen on linux as well.
> How does it not encounter the undefined symbols?

I just checked my Linux (RedHat 9) and they only have OpenSSL 0.9.6.
That would explain why (at least on RedHat 9) i dont see this error.

> Why would they load symbols with hard coded names? I
> think I should file a bug for this one.

Well, how else can you call dlsym(3DL), other than by passing const
char* name as its second argument ?
kopenssl attempts to load these symbols by trial and then checks if
the handle returned is NULL or not NULL. i would suggest that an
easier fix is to install OpenSSL 0.9.6. :-)