[kde-solaris] [preannouncement] KDE 3.3.1 Solaris 8/9 SPARC Forte build

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 03:56:01 CET 2004

Hi.

I will upload the Forte 9 build packages for the full KDE 3.3.1 +
KDevelop 3.1.1 + KOffice 1.3.4 this coming weekend. I am later than
usual because i have spent quite a bit of time patching some things
and testing them thoroughly.

A small preview of what's new in this release:

- kdemultimedia is fixed -- you can now listen to mp3 or ogg files
with Noatun or Juk, and you can use ogg files as KDE events sounds
- support for SASL2, LDAP2, Kerberos 5 and SNMP
- numerous bug fixes and enhancements
- UTF-8 support

The good news: if you have already installed my 3.3.0 packages, you do
not need to reinstall the huge kderequired package. Only the four
very small packages for SASL, LDAP, Kerberos and SNMP need to be
installed.

Source code patches will be available as usual.