[kde-solaris] Fwd: KDE 3.2.1 packages built for Solaris 9 (sparc)

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 09:39:54 CEST 2004

FYI

Subject: KDE 3.2.1 packages built for Solaris 9 (sparc)
Date: Montag, 29. März 2004 21:45
From: Sergio Rodriguez de Guzman Martinez <sguzman at inicia.es>
To: kde-devel at mail.kde.org

Hi there,

we have built the packages suitable for Solaris 9 (sparc architecture),
and probably they should work on Solaris 8.
They were compiled on a SunFire V480 (sun4u), so they could fit on many
Sun systems. The packaging is quite similar to debian way, and they
are really easy to install.

They are also compiled with gnu tools (not sun forte), and with all
the features (qt with xrand, xrender, etc.), NAS, and almost all the
kde-i18-n packages (there were errors building the packages of two or
three languages because of some perl issues).

We tested them on a Ultra10 (350Mhz) and the results where very
surprising comparing with the 3.1.4 build for solaris 8. The perfomance
is now really better.

I would like to share this packages, so they could be included in the
contributors dir on the kde ftp site. Is there any way to ask someone for
this?. I think they should be tested before, anyway.

The packages will be uploaded to an ftp site, so they will be available
for anyone using sparc with solaris 9.

Sergio.

--
Sergio Rodriguez de Guzman Martinez