[kde-solaris] KDE 3.2.3 new output

Sergio Rodriguez de Guzman Martinez srodriguez at corenetworks.es
Thu Jun 17 11:56:35 CEST 2004

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Murillo wrote:
> Hi Sergio, I did your suggestion and now I get a somehow different output..
> this is:
>
> Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
> $ startkde
> startkde: Starting up...
> ld.so.1: kreadconfig: fatal: relocation error: file kreadconfig: symbol
> _ZN7QString11shared_nullE: referenced symbol not found
> Killed
> ld.so.1: ksplash: fatal: relocation error: file ksplash: symbol _ZTV6QFrame:
> referenced symbol not found
> Killed
> ld.so.1: kdeinit: fatal: relocation error: file kdeinit: symbol
> _ZN5QChar4nullE: referenced symbol not found
> Killed
> startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
> /usr/local/kde/bin/startkde: xmessage: not found
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> ld.so.1: ksmserver: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeinit_ksmserver.so: symbol _ZN6QGList5clearEv:
> referenced symbol not found
> Killed
> startkde: Shutting down...
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
> /usr/local/kde/bin/startkde: artsshell: not found
> startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
> ld.so.1: kde-config: fatal: relocation error: file kde-config: symbol
> _ZN7QString11shared_nullE: referenced symbol not found
> startkde: Done.
> $

This simbols are related to Qt libs. Did you install the qt package for
KDE 3.2.3? It'is a little bit different that the package we made for
3.2.2. BTW before running the startkde command try this:

$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ echo $PATH

And ensure that /usr/local/qt-3.3.1/lib is included in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Send us the output of the previous commands.

Sergio.

--
Sergio Rodriguez de Guzman       -o)         Core Networks - Sistemas
                                   /\