[kde-solaris] KDE 3.2.2, Netscape 4.78, Java 1.3.1, and CiscoWorks

Lebar, Russell J Russell.J.LeBar at erac.com
Wed Jun 16 01:12:35 CEST 2004

CiscoWorks is a bunch of Java applets that require Java 1.3.1 (with no
patches).

Under KDE 3.1.1 our Netscape 4.78 users have no problem logging in to
Ciscoworks (where the login process is a java applet).

However, under KDE 3.2.2 it usually crashes when our Sun Ray users try
to log in (even if they fail) and sometimes even when just hitting
reload. Everyone now and then I can get it to work.

I did a truss -f on Netscape and the last thing I see is an _exit(6).

Interestingly, it works under MetaFrame for UNIX 1.2 (which uses ctxXtw
instead of Xsun).

I was wondering if anyone else has run into something like this or has
some trouble shooting ideas?

Thanks in advance!