[kde-solaris] 32-bit KDE 3.2.2 Solaris packages built with Forte

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 07:39:16 CEST 2004

You can relocate the installation directory with pkgadd. But then, you
have to go through the entire song and dance of configuring ld.so.1's
search path with crle(1M), which is not fun.

However, for this set of packages, this won't work anyway, because KDE
needs to have certain binaries installed setuid root.

Can you ask a sysadmin to install these for you ? /opt/kde-3.2.2 is
not exactly a standard Solaris directory tree. :-)

--Stefan

-----