[kde-solaris] Re: KDE 3.2 CVS: starting konqueror via dcop -> core

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Jan 23 14:34:29 CET 2004

Hi,

On Friday 23 January 2004 08:40, Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre wrote:
[...]
> It works for me with Solaris8 + gcc3.3.2 + KDE-3.1.95. But on the first
> try, I have problems with http:/ and ftp:/ kio because KDEDIRS was pointing
> to KDE 3.1.5 dir. Try with a fresh account without .kde dir and see if it
> helps.

Already tried to remove $KDEHOME, ~/.kderc, and ~/.qt, unfortunately to no
avail. And apart from konqueror everything else seems to work perfectly...
I've even tried to compile everything with an old gcc 3.2 installation I had
lying around, but still the same crash without any useful debugging symbols
(although everything compiled with "-g").

Questions: Which Qt version are you using and does your gcc use the GNU
binutils (GNU linker/assembler) or those in /usr/ccs/bin?

clueless,
	Torsten