[kde-solaris] Re: KDE 3.2 CVS: starting konqueror via dcop -> core

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Jan 23 09:11:44 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 22 January 2004 21:16, Guenter Feldmann wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > it seems that I cannot start konqueror via the K-Menu or the kicker
> > button. Instead, I get a core dump from some kdeinit process. In other
> > words, "kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing" does not work for me while
> > entering "konqueror" in an exterm DOES work.
>
> I have the same problem on my SPARC machines (Solaris8 and Solaris9)
> with KDE-3.1.94 and KDE-3.1.95 compiled with gcc3.3.2.

Do you get the same/similar bactrace from the core file? If so, did you have
more luck with the debug symbols than I? (I'm currently recompiling to see if
I can make the trace more useful). I've placed some additional debug output
in various parts of the code and it currently seems to me the SEGV is
happening somewhere in (or during calling) the constructor
"KonquerorApplication app;" in kdebase/konqueror/konq_main.cc...

OTOH, I'm wondering why we seem to be the only persons having this problem...

If I'm not closer to a solution by noon, I'll consider filing a bug report...

cheers,
	Torsten