[kde-solaris] packages for additional languages

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Tue Jan 13 10:22:08 CET 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 02:09, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hi Andre!
>
> Wow! :-)
>
> Thank you very very much for the very kind words!! :-)
>
> Sorry for the delay in answering -- i am at work during the day, and i
> can only answer KDE-related question in the evening when i get back
> home ... (my employer tends to frown if i engage in KDE-related
> activities while i'm on the payroll ... ;-)
>
> About the language packages:
>
> The sources are available for download from:
>
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.1.4/src/kde-i18n/
>
> The only reason i did not provide packages for i18n is because these
> packages tend to be quite big.
>
> I would be very happy to build the kde-i18n-de package. But i would
> need to kindly ask Eva's permission to upload it, because i don't
> want to be a disk space abuser at KDE more than i already am. :-)

Actually sysadmin at kde.org are the correct people to ask here. You also should
be subscribed to kde-packager at kde.org where this kind of stuff is dicussed.

On the matter: afaik we have enough space at the server, so no need to hold
those packages back.

Greetings,
eva

> I am very happy for KDE being so successful. I believe 2004 will be an
> even better year for KDE!
>
> I will build kde-i18n-de right now -- it doesn't take very long. :-)
>
> --Stefan
>
> -----
>
> From: Andre Schneider <Andre.Schneider at eas.iis.fhg.de>
> Date:       2004-01-12 8:23:54
> [Download message RAW]
>
> Hi,
>
> First of all: Thank you Stefan for compiling and tuning
> the KDE Solaris packages! We have a great benefit of this
> work. In the next weeks we will migrate our 40
> Sun Ultra's and our Terminal Server for 40 Ray stations
> to KDE 3.1.4. On our test workstations most of the KDE programs
> are working very stable. It looks great and performance is
> very good.
>
> My question is how can I add languages from the
> i18n packages? Are there any precompiled packages?
> (Is a compilation step needed for the packages? -
> As I've seen it is needed - but currently we have
> no Forte 8 compilers in our Institute.)
>
> I'm interested in the german language packs (de or de_DE).
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Greetings from Dresden,
>
> André
>

> --
> André Schneider
>
> Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits
> Branch Lab Design Automation
> Dresden/Germany

basysKom
Consulting Engineers Brucherseifer und Ackermann GbR
IT and Software Consulting
Dipl.-Ing. Eva Brucherseifer
Am Pelz 94
64295 Darmstadt