[kde-solaris] problems building 3.2.0

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sat Feb 7 06:45:21 CET 2004

You might want to check the Makefile as well, and if -z text is
defined in there as well, replace it with -z defs. You might also
have to do a gmake clean at the top of the khtml directory and then
recompile/rebuild that entire directory from scratch.

You probably want to remove all '-z text' linker arguments from all
the Makefiles, and from all the *.la files (this -z text has most
likely been written to *.la files as well). -z text used to be the
old SVR4 linker argument for disallowing undefined symbols in shared
libraries, but the SunOS linker takes -z defs for that purpose.

find . -type f -name "Makefile" - print > ./MakefileList
foreach i ( `cat ./MakefileList` )
	echo "Processing $i ... "
	sed -e 's#-z text#-z defs#g' $i > /tmp/foo
	cp -fp /tmp/foo $i
end

Yes, editing libtool before running gmake is the right thing to do.

The errors you are getting are not undefined symbols errors, they are
text relocation errors. -z text causes fatal errors when text
relocations remain in the shared object against non-writeable
sections of the text segments.

Using the SunOS linker is the right thing to do on SunOS. :-)

Let me know.

--Stefan

-----