[kde-solaris] Official way to fix the relocation bug on Solaris x86 using GCC/KDE 3.2.3

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 22:34:08 CEST 2004

To fix what is said here. The '-impure-text' option in
GCC 3.3.x is NOT available in Solaris x86 --> only for
Solaris SPARC versions of GCC. So, any info leading to
'-z defs' or '-z text' or '-mimpure-text' or '-fPIC or
-fpic' is not accurate when compiling KDE 3.2.3 on
Solaris x86 to fix the relocation error or 'visibility
flag' errors.

The problem is isolated to the khtml directory for
KDElibs 3.2.3 dealing with libkthml.la compilation. I
went back and changed kdecore/kdemacros.h by deleting
the information after #define KDE_NO_EXPORT...

I did a 'gmake clean' and 'gmake' in the khtml
directory and got a clean compile on Solaris 8 x86
with GCC 3.3.3 and KDE 3.2.3.

I'll use this new information to try to build KOffice
1.3.2 for Solaris x86
and I like to thank all of you for helping me FINALLY
and OFFICIALLY fix this issue for good!!!!! ;o>

Ken Mays
Blastwave.org