[kde-solaris] kcheckpass only reads first 8 characters of password

Gedaliah Wolosh gwolosh at njit.edu
Mon Aug 16 20:42:26 CEST 2004

kcheckpass uses the function getpass() to read the password. getpass()
on solaris will only read the first 8 characters of a password.  The
function which should be used is getpassphrase() which will read password
phrases up to 256 characters.  I have been trying to compile kde with
little success.  If one of the kde-solaris packagers can build a
kcheckpass using getpassphrase() I'll be happy to test the binary.

Gedaliah Wolosh, Ph.D.
Manager Computing Resources - CCS
New Jersey Institute of Technology	 Office 973 596-5437
323 King Blvd 	GITC 2203		 Fax    973 642-4761
Newark, NJ 07102                         Email  gwolosh at njit.edu