[kde-solaris] Re: look at this

Stefan Teleman Stefan.Teleman at morganstanley.com
Thu Sep 11 12:48:31 CEST 2003

Hi!

The first thing i would try is to download all the
internationalization
patches from Sun including those listed on the GNOME required patches
page. I am saying this because i have not seen this problem at all
on my Sun box, and i have upgraded it with the 2 Solaris 8 jumbo
patches
from May 2003 and August 2003. I remember there were a _lot_ of
X11-related
patches.

The second thing i would do is kindly ask the Sun'ers reading this
list:
do they have any recommendations ?

Sure, i can post my shell scripts to run configure with gcc. But, you
will
never get this kind of performance out of gcc ...

--Stefan

-----

http://dbforums.com/archives/t57258.html

This seems to be a problem similar to mine.  A buggy X11 lib.
Stefan, is it possible to use your configure scripts for me to try
compiling kde 3.1.3 by myself. You used Forte compiler. That is not
free, right? Will the compile work with gcc right out of the box? Have
you tried using gcc?

Salman

Salman Sheikh
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
MicroElectronics and Signal Processing Branch
Code 564
Greenbelt, MD 20771
(301)286-3763

"Even A Smile is Charity"

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is
prohibited.