[kde-solaris] Same KDE 3.1 Screen lock problem

Gene Siepka gsie44 at tsg.cbot.com
Fri Oct 24 16:06:56 CEST 2003

Hey kids... I just installed KDE from the Software Companion CD that came in
the Sol 9 08/03 dist.   Same thing is happening to me.

I've been looking this up for the past 2 hours... I've seen posts about
differences between NIS domainnames and DNS domainnames...
Ours are the same   tsg.cbot.com...

One thing I saw recommended trying to run kcheckpass from the shell prompt. To
see what happens...
When I do, it prompts me for my password,<clickety click click>
128 (/home/gsie44) shasta :]> kcheckpass
Password:
authentication failure for user gsie44 [uid 2358]

I hope someone can figure this out... I'd be happy to try something if any of
you fruitcakes have any ideas!

:)

Thanks
Gene R. Siepka