[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.2 Solaris 8

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 23 14:03:14 CEST 2003

On Friday 23 May 2003 12:58, Mathias Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2003 18:05 Stefan Teleman wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Just letting everyone know that i have started working on KDE
> > 3.1.2 for Solaris 8. Should have a full release ready and
> > packaged in a couple of weeks.
>
> Great stuff ;)

Thank you !! :-)

> You should try the Solaris Packaging Tools this time.

I know. :-) I will. But by now i have become so addicted to the
painful way of doing it by hand, that i don't know if i can handle
the easy way out. :-)

> I'll start with Solaris 9 Xft2-enabled and packages compiled with
> Sun CC 8 when I'm back from vacation.

Cool! KDE Rules!

Question for the Sun readers of this group: how about a patch for the
Solaris 8 X server to support Xrender/Xft ? Think of the happy users
of translucent menus and perfectly rendered fonts ... :-)