[kde-solaris] Wallpapers...

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Mon May 5 20:02:54 CEST 2003

Hi, I did experience similar problems with JPG's  not displaying.....

   At one point in time I had  libjpeg.so  libraries in
  /usr/local/lib /usr/sfw/lib /opt/sfw/lib /usr/gnome/lib

Probably different versions as well,
First I deleted  the JPG libs that comes on the SUN Freeware companinon CD
and the leftovers from the GNOME BETAS. and GNOME 1.4 release.

Then I installed the latest JPEG6B  from source into /usr/local/lib.

I also Have the GNOME2 FCS packages installed  which  puts a libjpeg.so.62
in /usr/sfw/lib also  the JPEG6B release.

The funny thing is that KDE configurescripts looks for  -ljpeg6b  but
when you install JPEG-6B from source it creates libjpeg.so.62

So you have JPEG-6B installed but KDE is too linux friendly to realise.

If you clean up your libjpeg's  so that the compileprocess and the
runtime-linker finds the same libraries you'll be in better shape I think,

//Lars