[kde-solaris] Autostart -- which ones do I need?

LeBar, Russell J kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Wed Mar 19 18:08:01 2003

In /usr/local/kde31/share there is an autostart directory. Which ones do I
need to have running and what do they do (or put another way, what are the
repercussions of not running some of these)?

Currently I'm running the following:

kab2kabc.desktop
kdesktop.desktop
khotkeys.desktop
panel.desktop

And I moved these into an AutoStart.Disabled directoy:

kalarm.tray.desktop
kalarmd.autostart.desktop
klipper.desktop
korgac.desktop
ktip.desktop
kwrited.desktop

Everyone here has a PC with Outlook/Exchange (so e.g. Korganizer is not
needed).

Basically I'm trying to trim down the amount of memory KDE 3.1 is using.

Russ LeBar
Enterprise Rent-A-Car  Phone:314-512-3355
Network Management System Administration  Fax:314-512-6002
UNIX System Administrator  Pager:314-841-7565