[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.2 packages

Bob Meader bob at cci.net
Wed Jun 25 10:16:22 CEST 2003

Did you from a running CDE session
to open a console window and try
to run startkde. You should only
have to add /opt/kde/bin to front
of path.

If you successfully removed old packages
you should have had no /opt/kde directory
and no /opt/qt312 directory.

You might try removing packages again,
followed deleting "/opt/kde" if necessary
before reinstalling packages.

The final item would be to 'clear' the
kde session. If you're logged in a root
clear /tmp and remove ".kde and .kderc"
from root home directory. If you properly
clear the session KDE will ask again
for country,language,desktop prefereces again.
If the wizards don't run you didn't clear something.