[kde-solaris] xft2 fontconfig ... solaris 9

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Jun 15 22:49:42 CEST 2003

Today Cyrill Rüttimann wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > I am running Xft 2 / fontconfig2 / Xrender / KDE 3.1.1 now on
> > Solaris 9 04/03 / Sunblade 100 /Expert 3D Lite
> > Without any fontproblems.
> >
> Did you use XRender library from Sun or did you compile XRender from
> fontconfig.org.
> I just tried to compile Xft2 and it complains about XRender from Sun,
> that it can not be used.

Cyrill,

I compiled with the supplied xrender from fontconfig ...

I got mail from another user who told me that for him things were
looking up once he had installed the latest x11 patch (-4) from sun

cheers
tobi

> Regards,
>
> Cyrill

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)1-632-5286