[kde-solaris] modifying icon labels

Ben Shoemaker shoemake at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Jun 10 18:24:34 CEST 2003

Hi,

I used a feature in pine in which it sends an escape sequence to my xterm
(Konsole) which modifies its label on the title bar and on its icon in the
menu bar.  This was working most of the time with Solaris 8, but recently
when we upgraded to Solaris 9 it stopped working altogether.  This seems
like a kde problem because I can get the icon modification in a different
desktop environment.

Any ideas?  This feature is very helpful as the menubar never gets covered
over like my mail window for newmail notification.

Thanks,

Ben Shoemaker