[kde-solaris] KDE-solaris 3.1.2 Packages

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 17:23:14 CEST 2003

I have installed the excellent Solaris packages for KDE 3.1.2 mentioned
recently on the list.

They work perfectly, with two exceptions:

1) There is a typo in /ust/dt/config/Xinitrc.KDE3:
	the last line should be:
		exec /opt/kde/bin/startkde > ${KDE_TRACE_FILE} 2>&1
	instead of:
		exec /opt/kde3/bin/startkde > ${KDE_TRACE_FILE} 2>&1

2) I can't seem to get SSL working for any KDE application.
	The libraries (libssl.*) are present under /opt/kde/lib, and I
	have tried pointing kcontrol's crypto module to /opt/kde/lib,
	but ssl always fails to load.  I am continuing to research this,
	but if anyone else has a suggestion, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!