[kde-solaris] Solaris and KDE

Mathias Meyer mailings at beatsteaks.de
Tue Jul 29 19:19:26 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 17:51 thefrog wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 11:09, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > So far there was no volunteer to take the full burden of
> > maintainership of solaris packages :-(
>
> The problem is that it is awefull slow to make the whole thing on a sun
> blade 100 -:(
> So I simply don't have the time to make packages of _every_ release of
> kde. My next scheduled packages will be around kde-3.2.0 or kde-3.2.1.

That would be the part, where two guys step up and maybe do it together
;))
Sure, qt and kdelibs would have to be build at once, but afterwards it
would be a matter of splitting tasks.

I'm on KDE 3.1.3 for Solaris 9 with support for Xft2, if that's of
anyone's interest. I'd have been happy to have started earlier with that,
but as it seems, it's all a matter of being subscribed to kde-packagers
;))

Regards,
Mathias
--
"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds