[kde-solaris] Solaris and KDE

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 14:57:08 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 13:34, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hi Eva,
>
> Thank you very much for your help! :-)
>
> I did receive an email from KDE -- my understanding is that the
> packages will be restored back to their place.
>
> The reason i have not uploaded the 3.1.2 packages is because i am
> working _very hard_ at making khtml render correctly. This is no easy
> task at all, but i will get it done. For 3.1.1, khtml did not render
> correctly at all, and it made Konqueror very unstable, and KMail
> could not display email contents in the mail reader window.

Yes, I understand that very well (reminds me of my own situation ;-)

> Once i get khtml fixed, it will be much easier for me to coordinate
> Solaris releases with the KDE official ones. And you are very right,
> i should subscribe to kde-packagers ...

Often it's only a matter of communication, so I think we can close this "bug
report" :-) Of course KDE is very interested in any binary packages people
put work into and the same yields for Solaris.

Anyways - Thanks for providing kde-solaris packages, I thank everybody here
knows that it's quite some work to get all details right.

Greetings,
eva