[kde-solaris] Solaris and KDE

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 12:09:39 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 09:56, Laurent Blume wrote:
> Stefan Teleman wrote:
> > I am just letting everyone know. I thought KDE was interested in being
> > available for, and being ported to, more than Linux. I guess i must
> > have been wrong.
>
> I still hope you were right, and that they will change their mind!
> I really wish Solaris packages would come out as fast as GNU/Linux ones,
> for both Sparc and x86 (since I'm using the latter).
> Compiling to have the last version is not that hard, but it takes too long.

Actually it all depends on an active packager who is subscribed to the
kde-packagers list and takes part in the discussions there.
At least that is how it works for the other OSes/distributions.
All source packages are announced there 2 weeks before the official
announcement and people try to synchronize the release of binary packages.

So far there was no volunteer to take the full burden of maintainership of
solaris packages :-(

Greetings,
eva